I love a good pair of dark wash denim jeans. They are practically all I wear. Keeping them the same color as when I purchased them is another story. I have worked long and hard to find the best ways to keep them as dark as the original without my hands still turning blue while wearing them.
- Turn your denim inside out, and only wash denim in the load, no other clothing
- Use cold water on a gentle wash cycle add mild detergent plus 1tsp white vinegar per pair of denim in wash
- Vinegar helps set the dye, is a natural cleaning agent and odor remover
- Also try a specialized detergent for darks
- Add fabric softener for fresh smell and to soften clothing
- Lay out until partially dry then on low heat, do not over dry will fade color
- Wear denim 3 times before washing again
Hope these tips help.