Get the Look Backstage at Elene Cassis Spring 2012 Hair
L'Oreal gives us the tips on how to get the look from backstage at Elene Cassis Spring 2012 NYFW.
1) Prep sections of dry hair with L’Oréal Professionnel Expansion mousse for fine/limp hair, and L’Oréal Professionnel Mousse Volupté for medium/thick hair. This will add texture and body for a volumized style, yet maintain a moveable, soft touch.
2) Power-dry sections of hair with a large barrel brush. When dry, spray the entire head with
L’Oréal Professionnel Infinium 2 or 3 workable hairspray to provide shape memory
for the following steps including heat setting.
3) Create 2-inch wide sections from the center part of the hair. Lay hair lengthwise in broad
pieces of tin foil. Spray hair with L’Oréal Professionnel Infinium 3 again before
closing the foil tightly over the hair and flattening.
4) Crimp hair with curling iron creating ridges lengthwise down the foil. Complete this process on
the entire head. Let cool completely (at least 10 minutes).
5) Remove foils carefully to maintain crimped texture. Lightly brush hair with a paddle brush
roots to ends.
6) Next, tightly braid hair from the occipital bone to the ends, then braid into a coil and pin under
and upward, so that the overall shape of the style is lifted/volumized. Pin all loose ends underneath
the style to maintain the shape, except for the very front pieces, which frame the face.
7) Manipulate texture of the hair by applying L’Oréal Professionnel Fresh Dust dry shampoo(avail April 2012) over the entire head. This will absorb any shine especially at the crown, yet maintain the softness of the hair’s texture. Spritz L’Oréal Professionnel Mythic Oil onto fingertips and run fingers through ends of the front pieces to illuminate the strand.
Finished Runway Look