Backstage Houghton NYFW Fall 2012
I went backstage at the Houghton show during NYFW Fall 2012, to check out how to get the gorgeous hair styles on the runway. It is dramatically romatic parted on the side were the perfect complement to the fluid textures seen in the winter white collection by designer Katharine Polk, for her Fall 2012 Houghton line.
how to get the look: look #1
- Create an extreme deep left side part and work in two golf ball sized amounts of L'Oréal Professionnel Mousse Volupté
- Rough dry use a round brush, part hair upward and over to the right (to create height)
- Section hair from ear to ear.
- Starting in back of hair, create 1 ½ - 2 inch sections.
- Position the 1 ½ inch barrel under the hair, spray with L’Oréal Professionnel Infinium 2 hairspray, and wrap hair over
- Curl both sides of the hair with the iron using an upward motion then release.
- Loosen curls with fingers.
- Set hair with L’Oréal Professionnel Infinium 2 hairspray.
- Make sure hair is tucked behind left ear, spray and then tuck again.
- CREATE LOOK #2.
- In the back, section hair down the middle vertically.
- Twist each section and knot hair together 2 or 3 times depending on length of hair.
- Secure bun with pins. Hide the ends of the pins, but toughen up the bun and keep pins flat to the head.
- Finish with L’Oréal Professionnel Infinium 2 hairspray.